Infographics, as the name implies, is information that?s wrapped up in a visual style. Its many benefits help you to attract traffic to your website and engage more actively with your readers. You can create your infographics in-house or hire a professional to do it. Learn how and why you should use infographics on your blog.
It?s a scientific fact that visuals register quicker in the human brain than text. Also, human beings can recall images faster and for longer periods than plain text.
Thus, it?s imperative that you have infographics on your blog and attract readers to it.
In this write-up, we?ll see just why infographics are very advantageous and how you can use them to great effect.
With the fast advancement of technology, it?s getting easier and easier to get out-of-this-world images. So go, use this technology to your advantage.
Here are the reasons why…
- It?s a very effective way to make your blog unique and different by combining the infographics neatly with your text. The figures and facts will help give your blog more credibility.
- Your SEO efforts will get a boost when you use infographics, particularly your site?s keyword ranking on search engines. In an infographic, you are able to add a title, alt text and a description using keywords that your business normally targets. When your infographics get shared widely, your SEO bid will be boosted.
- Your images must be of the best quality. They should be to the point and eye-catching. Be it graphics or drawings or computer processed visuals, they should match the intention of your blog. Don?t use cheesy images or clipart; they will be in direct opposition to the message you intend to convey.
- Blog content that also has infographics gets 94% extra views than blogs that only have text, studies by MDG advertising say. On the whole, content with graphs, text, and tables in an infographic gets 48% additional viewership.
- Infographics are a great supplement to your blog and thus blogs with infographics will achieve better content marketing accomplishment. Visual information will brighten up your blog besides providing valuable information, which will keep your readers more engaged.
- Make sure that the design of your infographics is clean and clear. Don?t use too many kinds of fonts; don?t make words so small that your readers will miss the gist of your message. The visuals must not dominate the text, for the purpose of your blog is to tell a story and not just be a piece of fine art! The words should be easy to read.
- Infographics grab the readers? attention and provide vital contact information. They become the essence of your branding. Infographics which read from left to right helps the reader go through the entire segment and view your logo and other vital information.
- Name your resources in your infographics. Information in visual form is hard to forget and so, if your info is wrong, it will be disastrous for your blog. So make sure that the information you are giving is authentic and true.
- Bear in mind that the objective is not to replace text with infographics. You must minimize text and let the images do the talking. Simple one-liners and sentences in infographic form are best.
- Visuals alone will not earn you rankings on search engines. But images will certainly boost engagement and be helpful to your SEO endeavors. Combining visuals and text to get across your message could be the best way to present your blog. You need not write up a full blog to explain your point of view. Statistics and short sentences, combined with visuals, will be a great combination for your blog.
- Sometimes we come across blogs that are so heavy in the text that we either find them difficult to comprehend, or we have trouble just going through them. It is here that infographics come in good use. A Microsoft study showed that human beings have only eight seconds of attention span on the average compared to a goldfish?s 12 sec. So visuals in the text will break the monotony and refresh the reader for the rest of the text. It gives a breather to the readers? eyes.
- It?s a scientific fact that our brains can process images 60,000 times quicker than text. Also, 90 percent of people will recall an image a few days after they see it. These statistics are highly revealing. They prove that even simple text will be read and absorbed because of the infographics that accompany it.
The best way to present information is to add graphs and charts to the text. This is especially true if you have lots of information to share. Graphs and charts will organize the whole thing and also give a visual boost.
In conclusion, we can say that a blog is incomplete if it does not contain infographics. But infographics are not replacements, only supplements in a blog.
It?s true that infographics perform better for engagement and SEO in typical blogs, but the articles are the relevant thing. For content marketing and conveying information, blog posts remain the most beneficial of all.
In this article, we have only pointed out how infographics can be an integral part of a blog post. They break the tedium of a blog ? and give a far better experience to loyal subscribers. This alone is the reason why visuals are also essential in your blog writing.
So make them concise, attention-grabbing and well organized and you?ll get a dedicated following on the web.
You might like to read –