A single most puzzling question for many content marketers that how do they measure the effectiveness of content marketing? Well, the answer to this question is included throughout the post. Let us learn how you can measure content marketing efforts?
Content marketing has become a long way in the past few years. A complete content marketing strategy can help marketers to build and develop a sense of community.
- It can allow people to position their self as a thought leader and as an authority within their industries.
- Also, it provides an opportunity to sell their brand and simultaneously provide value and insight to the target audience.
This is the reason that many people jump into content marketing because they were inspired by many of the success stories they read.
Content marketing seems simple, but actually measuring its success is a little bit challenging. However, here are a few simple ways to measure your content marketing efforts.
Table of Contents
- 3 Key Aspects To Measure Your Content Marketing Efforts
3 Key Aspects To Measure Your Content Marketing Efforts
Check out the following key aspects to measure content marketing efforts you are doing for the growth of your blog.
#1. Measure Success of Awareness
Measuring the success of awareness is every content marketer’s goal, and this goal is often the foundation of content marketing strategies.
However, many of the marketers in content marketing think that what is the importance of awareness? There are three reasons to evaluate this. Let see them one by one,
Well, the answer to this question is YES.
We all know that major traffic on website or blog comes from a search engine. So, it is evident that you can’t afford to be missing out on many potential visitors from search engine results.
If you are not on the first page, most people won’t find you. So build quality content because and optimizes the number of keywords, especially LSI keywords for which the website or blog can rank well.
This is simple truth and statistics show that 75% of people don’t go to the second page and 60% of all organic clicks happen on the top three organic search results.
- What is LSI Keyword and How Does It Help to Boost SEO Traffic?
- Free LSI Keywords Finder Tool and Techniques to Rank Higher in Google and Bing
To improve the ranking for a product then get more reviews for that particular product. Reviews are an increasingly important part of the purchase journey for online consumers.
A study shows that 68% of consumers go to social networking sites to read product reviews before making a purchase.
This means users are searching for the name of the product plus the word review.
If the product has good reviews on the site and customers have shared their reviews on social media, then there is a better chance of picking up the traffic.
How to Improve Brand Awareness
Now it is clear why awareness of the content is critical. This will help to get higher search ranking, improve social metrics such as followers, likes, etc. and optimize website or blog traffic.
Now, the most important thing how to improve brand awareness?
Well, for this it is essential to create and share content in different formats across the web such as blog posts, news articles, surveys, slideshows, press releases, social media content, and infographics. And measure the awareness of exclusive content.
#2. Measure Success of Consideration
All of this awareness strategies route to consider.
Consideration means encouraging potential readers to engage with the website or blog such as reading content, download the offered resources, leave a comment on a blog post, share the content and many other things.
Consideration indicates optimized total page views, longer visit duration, lower bounce rate, and social metrics like video views, content shares, positive comments/interactions, etc.
Similarly, the consideration becomes necessary when search engines rank content, based on relevance. But how do search engines measure relevance?
How Search Engines Measure the Content Relevance
There are three ways that search engines measure the relevance of the content. Let’s check out them all.
- By looking at how many times the user spent on the site, age and quantity of relevant original content and the engagement on social media for specific content. It is reported that if the website has 300 or more indexed pages, then it receives 236% more traffic. On the other hand, if the website is having 400 to 1000 indexed pages can have 600% more chance to get better leads.
- Also, consider how many custom contents do the website has to provide to the consumers. Because consumers always expect content that is useful, customized to their interests and adds value to their experiences. The study found that 61% of consumers say they feel better when they browse custom content and are more likely to buy from a company that delivers custom content.
- Social media user plays a great role at this stage. Because 65% of them learn about the products and services of a company on social media. This means Social Media is a powerful tool to educate the consumer about the product/services.
In the end, consideration generates lower bounce rates, informed decision making, brand trust, favorable comparisons, and social media recommendations.
Now, the single question is how does one drive consideration?
Think of category-level web page content, FAQs, news articles, long-tail blog posts, and white papers.
#3. Measure Success of Conversion
Eventually, the one thing the content marketers want from raising awareness and consideration is conversion.
There is one common question of many content marketers have that why does content marketing drive more conversions?
Content marketing is highly valuable when it is done correctly. It provides companies with an affordable and differentiated approach to marketing.
There are multiple variables that go into why content marketing drives conversions!
Content marketing is the tip of the search engines. That means it boost searches for particular produces or services.
There is a study that shows more than 39% of all customers come from search engines.
Furthermore, for social media, content marketing boosts traditional word of mouth, and unlike PPC it optimizes organically with the time.
Approx 77% of B2C companies deal directly with customers that have acquired a customer through Facebook. While 41% of B2B companies deal with other businesses that have gained a customer through the world’s largest social networking site Facebook.
How to Measure The Conversion Success on Your Blog/Website?
- Compare the previous and current conversion rates and measure the increased lead and sales count.
- Measure social media engagement metrics.
- Notice improvement in referral traffic from social media and various content publisher platforms.
- The mentioning of the brand on consumer’s social media profiles and other third-party platforms.
- Increased count f content is sharing among the targeted audience.
- Content subscriber counts.
- And a lot more to measure.
What Do The Conversions Generate?
Mostly, it helps to generate leads, sales and indicates which factor works best to get better ROI from various marketing campaigns.
Very soon after the conversion, content marketing  continues to collaborate for the marketers, as people will most likely to share their experiences on social media.
So as long as you post quality content, the funnel should be reloaded to get better conversions.
Content marketing is efficient and will continue to dominate digital media for the foreseen future. And it is also used to develop your brand and industry thought leader.
With these key aspects, marketers will be able to measure content marketing efforts.
How do you measure your content marketing strategy? Do you have any other techniques to measure it? Let me know in the comment what methods you use.
If you like the article, do share it across social media channels with your friends and keep spreading the good word!
More to read –